Welcome to A.I.D. Training
A.I.D. Training is an approved provider of both the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities (Ohio DDD) certificate classes and the National Certification Council of Activity Professionals (NCCAP) continuing education courses.
Our correspondence courses help professionals understand how to help people with cognitive impairment due to developmental disabilities and/or dementia while receiving required continuing education credits. We provide:
- Year round correspondence courses for Ohio DDD required certificate classes. These certificate classes were developed specifically for Early Intervention Specialists, Service and Support Administrators, Adult Services, Investigative Agents, County Board Members, and Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent Administration personnel who work for Ohio County Boards of Developmental Disabilities. These classes are also available for Day Programmers and Ohio Group Home Providers. See the list of correspondence courses.
- Workshops about the many relatively unknown issues that affect people with cognitive impairment are offered throughout the year (see the current schedule). Private onsite inservice seminars are available upon request. Topics such as:
- Understanding Types of Seizures
- Understanding the Many Forms of Dementia
- Understanding Dementia in People with Developmental Disabilities
- Mental Health Issues Affecting People with Developmental Disabilities
- Finding Meaningful Activities for People with Mild/Moderate Levels of Developmental Disabilities
- Outdoor Activities and Programming for People with Cognitive Impairment
- The Explicit/Implicit Memory Distinction in People with Alzheimer's Disease
- The Brain 101
- Two year-round correspondence classes for activity professionals approved for continuing education credits by the N.C.C.A.P.
- Therapeutic Matching Activity for People with Dementia due to Alzheimer’s Disease 30 Hour N.C.C.A.P. approved correspondence course for activity professionals who work with people with dementia due to Alzheimer’s Disease. This activity is easy, simple and fun to use. (See video.) This manual is also available without the class course option.
Engaging Activities in Long-Term Care 30 Hour N.C.C.A.P. approved correspondence course for activity professionals who work with individuals with all types of dementing illnesses. This manual is also available without the class course option.